Executive Director Williamson-Burnet County Opportunities, Inc. (WBCO)
Location: Georgetown, TX Download: Williamson-Burnet County Opportunities, Inc. (WBCO) - Executive Director Brochure
Williamson-Burnet County Opportunities, Inc.
WBC Opportunities was established in 1966 as the areas official Community Action Agency. The organization is a private, non-profit corporation governed by elected officials, community leaders and target area representatives. Throughout its history, WBC Opportunities has administered a wide range of social service and economic opportunity programs benefiting many thousands of low and moderate income persons. Current programs include Head Start, Senior Nutrition (including Meals on Wheels), Emergency Assistance and Affordable Housing. WBC Opportunities has an annual operating budget of over $8 million and a staff of more than 220.
WBC Opportunities serves thousands of people annually throughout Williamson and Burnet counties in Texas. Working cooperatively with other agencies, it is an advocate for those who might not otherwise have a voice in the community in which they live. The Board and staff are dedicated to providing services to help those in need achieve a better, more productive life.
To provide resources and opportunities needed by children, adults and seniors of Williamson and Burnet Counties to realize educational growth, economic self sufficiency and improved quality of life.
Board of Directors
The WBC Opportunities, Inc. Board of Directors is a 21-member volunteer board. It is a tri-partite composition of elected officials, target area and private organization representatives who care deeply about Williamson and Burnet County citizens in need.
Under the general direction of the Board of Directors, the Executive Director is responsible for the planning and funding, program operation, personnel and the overall fiscal responsibility of the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides administrative oversight for program plan development and grant applications for submission to funding agencies, obtaining prior approval from the Board of Directors as required.
- Leads Development and implementation of strategic planning and conducts quarterly review of strategic plans; incorporates review into reports to Board of Directors
- Develops, maintains and strengthens working relationships with funding agency representatives and other community leaders and stakeholders
- Increase/diversify sources of restricted and unrestricted funding for all programs.
- Develop/maintain diversified sustainability plan in the event of Federal fund loss
- Develops and maintains effective system for program development including responsible budgeting and staffing for all programs, and are in accordance to the By-Laws and Policies and Procedures of this Agency.
- Develops and maintains appropriate/effective management systems and personnel policies according to the by-laws and policies and procedures of this agency.
- Ensures all Personnel Policy and Procedures are written and implemented in accordance with current state and federal laws, to include but not limited to FMLA, background checks, PTO, worker's compensation and employee health.
- Ensure visibility within the organization by Executive Director, Board members and Department Head staff conducting and recording program site visits on a bi-monthly basis.
- Provides oversight to the planning and implementation of annually required staff training and education activities.
- Develops and maintains an effective system of personnel development and evaluation
- Fiscally responsible for managing budgets, ensuring that expenditures remain within approved allocations as evidenced by reconciling monthly expenditures and providing current and accurate information to the Board.
- Reports to the Board monthly, on the status of all projects. Reports should include, but are not limited to, financial situations, key personnel changes or problems, and program operation and effectiveness.
Education and Experience
Interested candidates must possess a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited four-year college or university with major coursework in public, business or social services administration or closely related field at least three years at a supervisory administrative level in a community action agency or related organization; experience in public housing will be beneficial. A Master's Degree is preferred.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will demonstrate a commitment to the goals and philosophy of Williamson-Burnet County Opportunities. The successful candidate needs to be a compassionate leader with a professional background that demonstrates an ability to work successfully and respectfully with individuals among the organization's various stakeholders and with people from all cultural, ethnic and socioeconomic backgrounds.
The Executive Director is responsible for providing overall leadership and management of the fundraising and operations of the organization. The ideal candidate must have a working knowledge of government funding, grant writing and a demonstrated track record of successful fundraising.
The successful candidate should be a visible leader with superior presentation skills, including the presence to deal effectively with diverse constituencies to include stakeholders, funding agency representatives and community leaders. The ability to engage, inspire and persuade is essential for the success of this position; advanced written and oral communication skills will be imperative.
It is essential for the Executive Director to work closely with the Board of Directors in carrying out initiatives and setting the tone and vision for the staff. The successful candidate should have strong interpersonal skills and must have the capacity and interest to be an effective mentor and supportive leader for staff.
The ideal candidate must be able to adhere to the highest ethical and moral standards and be able to display transparency.
Compensation and Benefits
Williamson-Burnet County Opportunities, Inc. provides a competitive salary and benefit package. Relocation assistance will be available for the successful out of town candidate.
Interested applicants should forward a cover letter and resume to:
20 North 2nd Street, Suite 200
Harrisburg, PA 17101
*Deadline to receive resumes: July 21, 2013